Mark your calendars for September 26-27, 2015
for our 14th Annual Buddhist Bicycle Pilgrimage
( See our Registration Page )
[Shuttle Ride back to Spirit Rock..OPEN]
Hello Pilgrims and WELCOME!
Registration for the 2015 BBP has begun!
This year’s theme is “Contentment and Gratitude” (as referenced in the Mangala Sutta). Once again, in the last weekend in September (26-27, 2015), our moving sangha of cyclists, support volunteers and monastics will make the journey from Woodacre to Redwood Valley, CA, visiting Buddhist spiritual centers along the way. This event happens solely on the generosity and donations of everyone participating through acts of service and volunteering, to the gifting of food, gear and dana to cover expenses, lodging and the teachings.
We welcome your presence and your support on this year’s pilgrimage, so please join us in the way that’s right for you.
Your Support Needed: (PLEASE read this entire list. We guarantee you’ll find YOURSELF in one or more of these bulleted requests, Thank you!) :
- Consider being a FUTURE Coordinator. We need individuals who are willing to help coordinate in 2016, to “shadow” this years’ Coordinators. Learning the ropes to be a coordinator next year, REALLY makes the Pilgrimage planning simpler each spring. A number of the Coordinator roles still allow people to cycle if they wish. If you are willing to step up and train as a 2016 Coordinator, please contact this year’s Ride Coordinator, Zachary Smith.
- Register to volunteer or ride in this year’s BBP!!!
- Download our Flyer for the 2015 BBP from our website and share it with your Sangha and/or cycling friends and family. Spread the word!
- Sign-up to host or attend a Training Ride.
- Join the Board: The DharmaWheels Foundation must have a Board to exist. The time commitment is low (heavier in the 2 months before the Pilgrimage). The team is fun-loving. We need 3-4 new members. If you are willing to serve on the Board, please contact DharmaWheels President, Lauren Van Ham.
- Last but NOT least, if you haven’t already, Join the DharmaWheels Announcement Group. By being part of this listserve, you will receive relevant information about training rides, Pilgrimage updates and DharmaWheels-endorsed activities. (NO flooding your inbox with unrelated information, we promise!!!)
THANK YOU for your interest and support in this unique and very special event. We look forward to seeing you soon,
Lauren Van Ham, Zachary Smith, Hime Levine, Paul Ries, Scott Boultinghouse, Arielle Cohen
-Contacts for the 2015 Buddhist Bicycle Pilgrimage Coordinators-
- BBP Ride Coordinator: Zachary Smith
- Rest Stop Coordinator: Autumn Bernstein
- Kitchen Coordinator: Kevin Kienast
- SAG Coordinator: Heather Free
- Volunteer Coordinator: Peter Crimmin
- Shuttle Bus/Rideshare Coordinator: Phil Wiegand
- Spiritual Coordinator: Dennis Crean
- Gear/Truck Coordinator: Scott Boultinghouse
- Check-In Coordinator: (to be announced). Contact: Peter Crimmin.